Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Okemo Part II

Good Morning, Okemo.

This morning, I was summoned from sleep by the sun rising over the mountains. I assure you, it is truly an enchanting way to welcome the day.


After a long night of traveling, I had expected waking up early for my first day of skiing would be a challenge. I'll admit, I was initially pretty peeved at the flood of natural light that woke me up at 6:15 in the morning after my few hours of sleep, but when I finally got up to see where that light was coming from, my frustration quickly vanished.


These photos certainly don't do the view any justice, but you can imagine my awe when I looked out the window first thing in the morning to see this picturesque landscape. Jac had definitely warned me that the view from the condo's living room, perched right over the slopes, would take my breath away. We had arrived quite late the night before, and in the darkness it would have been impossible to see the lifts out those windows, let alone the mountainscape that existed beyond them. A native city girl, the view had me thrilled, and I simply had to share it with someone.


Obviously, there was no waking up this guy. Besides, I knew someone that would appreciate this New England beauty in the same way that I did. Parting with my camera for a moment, I scurried into the guest bedroom to shake awake my best friend. She was pretty confused at first, and looked for a moment like she might try to shove me off a lift chair later in the day, but after I dragged her sleepy self to the window, that changed.

This was a whole different sort of skyline than what we were used to.



1 comment:

  1. This post made me smile, you're an enchanting writer my friend (:

    ReplyDelete