Sunday, January 5, 2014

Beantown Brunch #4


Today, we decided to try making brunch for ourselves.


I'd say we were successful.

On the menu:
Eggocados 
Homefries
Brioche french toast with fresh fruit
Scrambled eggs
and
Mimosas 





Sam was first up to bat for top brunch chef with her Pinterest-inspired Eggocados, which are halved, pitted avocados baked with eggs, cheese, and spices inside. Check out a similar recipe here.


While Sam was preparing her eggocados, I was busy prepping the potatoes for my signature secret-recipe homefries, dearly beloved by all who have ever tasted them (sorry about the lack of modesty here, but from what I hear, they're pretty damn good). Since the potatoes have to be boiled first, the prep time for these homefries is a bit lengthy. I would post the recipe, but then I would have to kill the internet. 


After Sam's eggocados were put in the oven to bake and my homefries were put on the backburner to cool, Kathleen began the french toast. I have no idea what sort of wizardry was involved in making this french toast, but rest assured: this was the greatest batch of french toast ever made in the history of syrup-friendly breakfast items.


As we waited for our eggocados to finish baking to perfection, we toasted to a New Year filled with many more brunches. Since it really isn't brunch without a mimosa in hand, this was a must. 

(Sam firmly agrees.)

Of course, the completion of our exquisite meal called for an incessant amount of social media coverage: 


But it was well deserved. I must say, we do brunch better than most.


Cheers to a New Year from the Brunch Bunch! 






No comments:

Post a Comment