Friday, February 7, 2014

Sara's 21st


Happy Birthday, Sara!

While I wasn't able to participate in all the festivities (oh, perks of appendix-free living), my friends and I spent Thursday night celebrating our friend Sara's 21st birthday.





Admittedly, neither of these two people are Sara. But they're pretty cute. So. There's that.

    The night started with a small group sharing dinner, drinks, and laughs at every girl's food nirvana...    
                    The Cheesecake Factory. Everyone looked particularly dashing for the occasion. 

The boys tried to out-do us, of course. 
As the typical Cheesecake-Factory-loving-girl, I think everything there tastes lovely. But for the sake of conversation, I will recommend the Mango Melon Crush (it's usually served over crushed ice but I prefer it blended) and Evelyn's Favorite Pasta

Mango Melon Crush
1 part Hendrick's 
1 part St. Germain
1 part mango puree
Dash of lime juice
Serve in a rocks glass over crushed ice or blended.

We're incapable of taking a photo together without one of us feeling compelled to ruin it.

After dinner, the gang headed home for present time. On the way back from the Pru, I stopped at the Symphony neighborhood's own Oakleaf Cake Shop, where I got Sara one of their chocolate peanut butter cupcakes for dessert. (Everyone was obviously way too full for cheesecake because of the Factory's notoriously ridiculous portion sizes.)

Some more friends joined us as everyone fought through their food comas (the girls' coffee table jar, somewhat like this, was a fun distraction) Sara was then showered with gifts, which I'd give an A+ for fun and comedic value. Presents included a nip necklace, a party dare dartboard, and toilet shot glasses (made of porcelain).

We're a classy bunch. 



 After being on post-surg bed rest for almost two weeks, this was a much-needed night with friends. 
So thanks for sharing your birthday with me Sara, I hope it was as lovely as you! 

Oh, and enjoy this goofy photo of some wonderful people:








No comments:

Post a Comment