Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Okemo Part I

Spring Break Up North

My friends and I ventured away from the city for a few days and headed up to the mountains for some quality time skiing, snowboarding, and having a good time in the great outdoors.




We kicked off our spring break by heading up to Ludlow, Vermont, where we stayed at the Okemo Mountain Resort. Never having skied before, I didn't really understand the hyped reactions my friends gave me after hearing about my spring break plans. After one night on the mountain, though, their excitement and jealousy made perfect sense.


We left Boston around 7 PM after what might have been one of the most stressful weeks of my life (sigh). Fortunately, my lovely new camera arrived at the mail center less than an hour before our scheduled departure. The first (decent) photo on the camera was a classic Sperry power point, of course.



Naturally, I was looking for any excuse to break in my new toy, so I jumped at the chance to capture this milestone moment of Jac pumping gas for the first time at some gas station on the border of New Hampshire and Vermont. 


As you can see, it got pretty intense. After all that excitement, we had no choice but to stop at Dunks for some much-needed road trip fuel. 


Jac was happy to have a latte in hand.

Re-fueled and re-energized, we eventually made it to the condo, which greeted us with warmth, coziness, and a ridiculous amount of ski and snowboarding equipment. 


In our excitement for the adventures of the morning to follow, we couldn't help but play a little bit of dress-up. I mean, look at all that stuff! 


The boys had other priorities....


Well, except for Matt. 


After having our fun trying on every helmet in the hallway, we settled in and raided the bedroom closets in search of something a little comfier. Fortunately, Jac's uncle had left behind some gems from his Okemo excursions of the 80s and 90s. This giant gray hoodie quickly won me over.


Sam got all comfy and cozy in this gorgeous red grandpa sweater, while Jac rocked her dad's "No Falls No Balls!" sweatshirt--the clear winner. 


Once everyone was sufficiently cozy, we broke out the wine, snacks, and card/board games (Cards of Humanity and cribbage are the current group favorites) and enjoyed a quiet night in. Well, relatively speaking. We're a weird bunch.


See what I mean?




No comments:

Post a Comment